Zurich is a fascinating city, it offers a whole range of adventures to travel: more than 50 museums and 100 art galleries, international brands for shopping, intense nightlife, bathing in a lake and rivers in the center, as well as excursions to the home mountain Uetliberg. All with views of the snow-covered Alps on the horizon.
Zurich is the largest city in Switzerland , it is located at the northern end of Lake Zurich. The multicultural environment and the leisure offer attracts tourists from all over the world. Zurich is very easy to reach, whether by train, plane or car. The international airport has direct connection to more than 150 destinations around the world. Just ten minutes by train from the airport, we arrive at Zurich’s main railway station, in the heart of the city, forming an important European railway junction.
The city’s fortress water moat was turned into the main shopping street , which contributed to Zurich’s popularity as a European shopping gallery, being an internationally renowned center for fashion, jewelry and watch brands. But if what you like is fashion, visit Zürich-West or the Aussersihl district. Zurich has a significant density of clubs to enjoy the best atmospheres. From the House-Party in the legendary Kaufleuten to the best music of the eighties in the oldest club in town Mascotte and the gay party in the Labor-Bar.
The Zürichsee , the city’s popular lake, is bordered on its southern shore by the Albis and Zimmerberg hills, on the northern shore by the Pfannenstielkette mountain range, anchoring the cantons of Zurich, St. Gall and Schwyz. The area is currently a popular excursion destination, with its shores being highly sought after residential areas. Other popular destinations on Lake Zurich are the many beaches , the Alpamare in Pfäffikon, the largest indoor water park in Europe, the sunny islands Ufenau and Lützelau near Rapperswil, the wooden pedestrian walkway that runs across the lake between Rapperswil and Hurden, the baroque church in Lachen, the famous Lindt & Sprüngli chocolate factory in Kilchberg and of course the bustling metropolis Zurich with its many monuments, the well-known shopping street " Bahnhofsstrasse " and a rich cultural offer.
Proposals and important parties
– Sechseläuten. Every year, the Zurich brotherhoods and the population enthusiastically celebrate their traditional spring festival (April).
– Hot Tropical Festival. Hot rhythms like salsa or samba and a fun mix of Latin music stars big and small get party guests dancing (June).
– Streetparade. One of the world’s biggest techno shows draws fans from all over Switzerland and neighboring countries to the city on the banks of the Limmat (August).
– Zürcher Festspiele. In front of Zurich’s summer stage, a festival is held every year with a unique combination of opera, concert, theater, dance and free theater (June / July).
– Kunsthaus. The most important art museum in Switzerland houses a collection of all the important periods of European art from the Middle Ages to the present day.
– Museum Rietberg. The museum features art mostly from India, China, and Africa.
– Bahnhofstrasse. The banking mile with exclusive fashion stores, shopping galleries and street cafes that invite you to stroll.
– Zoo. With an ecological system warehouse of 11,000 square meters, with several hundred varieties of animals and plants from the Masoala rainforest of Madagascar.
– Old town. With its art galleries, antique shops and bookstores a favorite destination among art fans. During the night, the old town becomes a fun neighborhood for a very diverse audience.