With a multitude of beaches and picnic areas to choose from, your visit to Lake Tahoe is sure to never be bored. Below you have a small list of beaches that can be of great help if you decide to spend your holidays in the area. To begin, we will divide the area into the north coast and the south coast:
A) North coast
– Agatam Beach : Here you will find 300 feet of beach and lots of lush green grass to play with. Picnic tables and cooking areas are clearly marked.
– Kings Beach Recreation Area : located in the center of Kings Beach, it has a special playground, lawn, picnic tables.
– North Tahoe Regional Park : located in Tahoe Vista has extensive recreational areas. You can go on entertaining hiking trails and practice different sports such as volleyball. In the area you can find tables where you can eat.
– William B. Layton Memorial Park : in the city of Tahoe. This area has a rocky shoreline, lots of grass, and tables where you can eat something. You can find the museum As an added bonus here is the Gatekeepers Museum.
B) South Coast
– Emerald Bay Beach : you can take a walk along the pier and go on different hiking trails. Visit Eagle Falls, and Vikingsholm Castle.
– El Dorado Beach : Between Rufus Allen and Timber Cove. Large areas for games and tables to eat will allow you to spend a pleasant day.
– Camp Richardson Beach : the little ones will enjoy the children’s area and the older ones will be able to go on different routes by bicycle.