Here is some basic information about the Barbados International Airport, which is called Grantley Adams. If you are going to go on vacation in the area, do not forget to read these information:
– Full name: Grantley Adams International Airport
– Address : Christchurch, Barbados
– Airport code: BGI
– Country code: 1
– Phone: (246) 418 4242
– Website : www.gaiainc.bb
– Number of terminals: 1
– Time zone: GMT – 4
– Location: The airport is located 13 kilometers (8 miles) southeast of Bridgetown.
– Latest News: Grantley Adams underwent its greatest expansion and a number of improvements before the World Cup of Cricket held in Barbados in 2007.
– Access : Accessible from ABC Highway, which runs from Bridgetown to the airport (journey time: approximately 30 minutes). It can also be reached from Highway 7 along the south coast.
– Parking: it has two parking lots, both within walking distance of the terminal.
– Car rental : Courtesy Car Rentals is the only car rental company at the airport. Their counter is located outside the arrivals hall.
– Public transport: bus. Easily recognizable as a modern Mercedes Benz that regularly operates to and from the airport. They leave every 10 minutes from Bridgetown. Journey time: 45 minutes.
Taxi : Taxis operate from the airport, 24 hours a day. There are two companies: Barbados Tours (tel .: (246) 420 2877) and Quintette (tel .: (246) 428 8735). Taxis operate on a fixed rate basis and do not have meters, rates must be agreed in advance.