Calpe is one of the best known municipalities in the province of Alicante, in the Valencian Community. There is the Peñón de Ifach , a spectacular mountain 332 meters high that is one of the symptoms of the Costa Blanca and that is a beautiful natural wonder.
A municipality that is not only very interesting for being on the coast, with all the benefits that this has, but also on a tourist level it has many places of interest that are worth visiting. Take note of some of the most important:
What to see
– Castellet de Calp : these are the remains of a watchtower that was built at the end of the 16th century to prevent pirate attacks.
– Hermitage of San Salvador : it is a hermitage with a rectangular floor plan and Gothic style that has an access door with several diaphragm arches. It is one of the most famous and beautiful hermitages in the province.
– Old Church : it is from the 15th century and its floor plan is rectangular with two naves that have five pillars joined by arches.
– The D’Ifac town : it is a unique site in the Valencian Community, the only town that has not been excavated or transformed, which makes it an exceptional place.
– Pou Salat : it is a rural construction dating from the 18th century and which also has a small monolith to deposit jugs and various containers in which to pour water. It also has a small fountain.
– Torre Molí del Morelló : it is a very characteristic flour windmill of the region and dating from the 19th century. It is in the Baños de la Reina, an archaeological zone of great beauty.
– Archaeological Museum : one of the best museums in Calpe and that occupies El Portalet, the only access door to the walled enclosure dating from the 14th century. The original building was demolished in 1923, and three years later the current one was built, which was the City Hall until 1974.
– L’Enginent Park : it is a spectacular green area, with an area of 4,700 square meters in which there are trees of various autochthonous species.
– Beaches : in its 13 km of coastline there are several coves and beaches to enjoy a sunny day, highlighting Cala Calalga, Cala el Racó, Arenal-Bol Beach, La Fossa Beach, Puerto Blanco Beach, Cala del Mallorquí or Cala El Collao .