When I travel to any city, what I like the most is, in addition to visiting the most interesting places, being able to discover and taste the typical dishes, and if it were up to me, I would take a route around the world just to eat and see the four most famous monuments. Without a doubt, food is very important when we are traveling and the ideal is that you try the gastronomy of the place, which for fast food restaurants is already your city.
Today I would like to talk to you about Irish gastronomy and all the delicacies that you can try if you are in any corner of this striking and beautiful country, which has a lot to offer not only in terms of scenery but also in terms of culture and gastronomy. Take note of what you cannot stop eating if you are in Ireland:
– Irish breakfast : Famous where they exist, nothing better to start the day than a complete breakfast in which you will have a very special bread (cooked with butter and soda), potato cake, fried eggs, bacon, sausages and cooked tomato. An ideal combination dish to keep you strong all morning before you go to lunch.
– Smoked salmon : One of the typical Irish dishes that you can find in any city. The salmon is served very simply and without accompaniment since it is best to fully enjoy its delicious flavor.
– Dublin Coddle Soup : It is usually eaten at night and it is a soup that also includes sausages, bacon, ham, onions and potatoes. A very complete dish.
– Fresh Oysters: If you like seafood and oysters even more, it will undoubtedly be one of the dishes you enjoy the most since they are fresh oysters that are served on ice and are delicious. It is recommended to accompany it with an Irish beer to enjoy its flavor more.
– Irish Stew : It is the dish that the country people eat the most and it is a lamb stew that is seasoned with onion and parsley and covered with potatoes.
– Lamb chops : The typical thing in Ireland is to serve them with a jelly or mint cream, without a doubt one of the best chops you will ever taste since the lamb is delicious there.
– Mussel soup : There it is called Moussel Soup and it is a fish cream that has fresh mussels, in addition to some vegetables and herbs. It is also accompanied by potatoes or a little bread.