If you have never visited the New Forest , you cannot miss this idyllic place that will allow you to relax to the fullest during your holidays. Here are a series of visits that you should not miss:
– In the New Forest, foals, horses, donkeys, cows and pigs can walk quietly on the roads and busiest places with complete tranquility, so you can entertain yourself by watching them cross any area you are in.
– The observation of the deer in heat is usually carried out in the months of September and October. There are special viewing platforms at Bolderwood, where fallow deer often come to graze.
– Rufus Stone . Visit the place where an ancient King of England met his death. Apparently, one day of hunting, one of the arrows "escaped" and killed the sovereign. As you can imagine, conspiracy theories have continued over the years.
– Blackwater Arboretum . It is located on Rhinefield Ornamental Drive and is home to many species of native English trees, as well as a large number of varieties very little known in the world. You will be able to touch, smell the different trees that make up this enclosure.
– Beaulieu Motor Museum . This museum houses a historical collection of the first Ford brand vehicles, including the Bluebird, which was once the fastest car on the planet.
– New Forest Museum . This is the perfect place to learn the history of the area.
– Buckler’s Hard . Beautiful village dating from the 18th century, located just behind Beaulieu.
– Exbury Gardens. Enjoy 200 acres of natural beauty. There is a steam train that you can take to explore the whole area. Take a look at the collection of rhododendrons, azaleas and camellias.