One of the countries in the East that is growing the most in terms of tourism from Europe is Israel, a country that has an enormous cultural and historical heritage. Jerusalem and Tel Aviv are the most important cities in the country, so if you are going to visit them they become mandatory stops, at least one of them. If you still don’t have much information about Israel , here are a few tips so that you can travel with maximum safety and with all the details under control:
– The first, it is mandatory that your passport has a minimum validity of 6 months. As for the visa, being Spanish you do not need it and you can stay up to three months without any problem.
– The weather from April to October is very good, with very pleasant temperatures . The rest of the year it is not usually very cold, so it is a country in which you will never encounter major weather problems, unless you are in mountain areas such as Safed or Jerusalem, which are colder.
– The best thing is that you hire excursions to see everything much better, and do not forget to wear very comfortable shoes since you will have to walk a lot in some of them. If you travel in summer, do not forget sunglasses, a cap, sunscreen and a swimsuit, especially if you are going to travel to the Dead Sea area . If you travel in winter, take an umbrella in case it happens to rain one day.
– Almost the entire population of Israel speaks English, especially in the most touristy areas, although the two main languages are Hebrew and Arabic.
– It is recommended that you bring dollars as it is the currency that is most used in purchases. Its official currency is the shekel.
– There is no special vaccination you need to be able to go to Israel.
– In taxis there is a fixed rate if you go from one city to another, so you can ask for the price before traveling.