Empuriabrava is a beautiful municipality in Castell d’Empuries, in the province of Girona , and that has spectacular gutters in the purest Venetian style and where there are private moorings, almost all of them used by those who have a house right there. In addition, in Empuriabrava you can practice sports such as golf, horse riding and all kinds of water sports . You have a lot to do with it, so I will give you a short summary with what I think is the most important:
– The Marina of Empuriabrava : it is in the Gulf of Roses and is the largest residential marine area in Europe with 25 navigable kilometers. There you will see wonderful houses that have their little boat at the door to go out for a walk.
– Aiguamolls de l’Empordá Park : An area full of waters, lagoons, forests and meadows where you will find animal species such as the otter, the mugiles, the carp, the leper galapagos, the green lizard or the newt. In addition, it is the perfect place to see birds such as the stork, the mallard or the harriers.
– Among the many beaches that there are, I would highlight San Comes (in front of the Aiguamolls Natural Park and which is unspoilt in many areas), Ampuriabrava beach (blue flag and with all kinds of services) or Rovina beach ( ideal for windsurfing).
– Its historical monuments include the Church of Santa María, the Cruz del Terme, the Convent of Santa Clara or the Portal de la Gallarda.
– It is also very interesting to see places such as the Ecomuseum (a flour factory that already worked in medieval times), Las Murallas (remains of the 11th and 12th century walls), the Old Bridge and the Lavadero (a very quiet area with a laundry that remains from the Romanesque period).