When choosing a destination for our vacations we always have to take into account various factors, such as the type of tourism you want to do or the climate you want to have, although you also have to have another very important one and that is safety, since so you can enjoy your rest days much better without worrying much about theft or the like.
There are several media that every year publish a list with the most dangerous destinations for a vacation, so today I bring you one of them so that you can analyze them and, if it is one of the ones you had chosen, assess whether it is worth it, although for of course all places deserve to be visited. Take note:
– Cape Town (South Africa) : First of all, it must be said that fortunately the number of homicides decreases every year, but even so the figures are quite high. Since the Soccer World Cup last year they have been much more concerned in this regard and want to become a much more serious international city and with safe tourism to receive more visitors.
– New Orleans (United States) : Despite having great cultural value and being a wonderful city, it is one of the poorest areas after Hurricane Katrina almost completely destroyed it, making it the capital of robbery and murder of all country. It is not recommended to go to desolate areas, much less do it at night.
– Caracas (Venezuela) : A very beautiful city but one that has always been on these lists since it is known as the murder capital worldwide because there is a lot of drug business and gang wars. However, there are many neighborhoods that are safe, so avoid going through troubled areas to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
– Ciudad Juárez (Mexico) : A wonderful place with spectacular natural landscapes but that is invaded by violence and drug trafficking, something that does not have the tourism that it should because of its beauty. The drug cartels rule the entire city and follow their own laws, which everyone who lives there seems to follow as well.
– Mogadishu (Somalia) : It is considered the most dangerous city in the world since it is in permanent war and both authorities and travel organizations insist that it is very dangerous to travel there. You can come across terrorism, anarchy, kidnappings, piracy, and ethnic wars.