Traveling as a family is a good alternative to spend a very pleasant vacation. Trips with children, of course, can be very stressful and that is why a series of recommendations must be kept in mind so that the stay does not get out of hand.
For starters, trips can be long and monotonous for little ones. So that they do not get tired especially when traveling by car, the following tips should be taken into account:
– Have the car ready to start the trip before the day of departure arrives. Children do not like to have to wait while the car is checked at the garage or while we finalize the details of the exit.
– Studying the road before leaving is essential. A trip on the highway will always be much more pleasant than a trip on two-way, curvy roads. Children can get dizzy in the second case, making the journey can be endless for both them and us.
– Always bring water and food for the trip . Although there are gas stations where we can stop to rest and eat, sometimes traffic jams can prevent this from being the case for a long time. Sandwiches and bottles of water and juice are the best allies.
– Carry CDs that children like in the car. The music will make them forget the journey and they will relax singing or contemplating the landscape. Although for parents it is not the best thing in the world to listen to a Sesame Street CD, the truth is that in the long term we will appreciate it.
– Bring small games like ludo or the goose to entertain themselves while playing. Also opt for portable consoles type Nintendo DS or Sony PSP . In addition, for breaks, it is worth taking out a soccer ball to play with them and thus stretch your legs.
– If the children have tired of playing those typical board games, what we have to do is try to be the animators of the «party» ourselves. Talking continuously with them, suggesting riddles, telling jokes … countless things can be done to make children happy and forget about the journey.
– Never forget the baby kit . Feeding bottle, food, wipes … everything essential for babies cannot be left in the trunk.