If there is a vacation that has been succeeding in recent years, it is without a doubt the cruises . There are them with infinite destinations and durations, but they do not always have to be to spend a vacation of several days or to visit a lot of cities and countries in a short time. There are also river cruises that are also spectacular and that can provide us with a day of absolute relaxation in full contact with nature.
Among the many that you can do of this type is the cruise on the Douro , one of the most beautiful rivers in all of Europe and that we have the pleasure of having in our country and also in the neighbor since it has its mouth in Porto. It is a fantastic option that is becoming very famous in our country, so I will give you all the necessary information to see if I can convince you to become one. Take note:
– Thanks to this cruise you will be able to contemplate spectacular landscapes , towns with a lot of charm and even large cities such as Salamanca and Porto. Many of the places that you will discover in this fantastic trip can only be discovered by traveling along the river, so it is a unique occasion. You can also do tourism in each city where you stop.
– You can start it in Portugal or in Spain, although they say the most beautiful and start it from Porto and from there come until you reach Salamanca. Crossing the Portuguese city you will see how the roofs seem to be cascading into the river.
– About 100 kilometers after Porto you find Vila Real , a small city that is worth visiting, especially the historic center and also the most natural area since there are many vineyards and countryside.
– The next city on your cruise will be Lamego , about 40 kilometers from Vila Real and which you access as you go through a spectacular landscape in which the river merges with impressive vineyards. A great mix of nature and architecture that has a lot of charm and places of great interest, especially cathedrals and castles.
– Then you will arrive in Salamanca , one of the options you have to conclude the trip and which is one of the most beautiful cities in our country thanks to its spectacular historic center and all the narrow streets it has. Without a doubt, a fantastic place for you to take advantage and stay for a couple of days. It is also very lively since it is a university city , so if you go during study time you will find a great atmosphere almost at any time and in any place.