In Florence there is a lot of cultural life and all its museums house many of the great treasures of art history. In them you can find the best works of artists such as Botticelli , Michelangelo, Raphael, Leonardo da Vinci, Caravaggio, Titian, Rembrandt or Rubens.
If you are planning to travel to Florence, you should undoubtedly spend a couple of days visiting some of its museums and enjoying their works of art, so here are the best museums in Florence so you don’t miss a thing:
– Uffizi Gallery : It houses one of the best collections in the world thanks to works by Caravaggio, Botticelli, Giotto or Mantegna. He has such famous paintings as "The Birth of Venus" (Botticelli) or "The Annunciation" (da Vinci). It is one of the essential museums to visit if you are going to be in the city.
– Galleria Della Accademia : One of the most visited by tourists since here is the famous "David" by Miguel Angel, one of the most beautiful and spectacular in the world.
– Palazzo Vechio : It is in Piazza della Signoria and measures no less than 94 meters high, which makes it a spectacular building and one of the most beautiful in the city. In its lounges and rooms you can see great examples of what the Venetian salons were.
– Museo dell’Opera del Duomo : Here you will find works of the Batisterio, the Gothic Cathedral and the Campanile Tower, all of them by Giotto. In the workshop here is where Miguel Angel made the "David". It has very important works by Donatello, such as "La Pietá" or "Maria Madalena".
– Gallery of the Innocents : It is a children’s hospital to house abandoned children and where you can see collections of legacies and gifts that various people were donating to children.