One of the favorite countries for many people when traveling is Egypt , where you will find an excellent combination of passages, culture, adventure and mystery. Traveling to Egypt becomes a challenge for many of these people, who see this trip as the ideal opportunity to get to know another culture, so different from the one that at least we Spaniards usually have.
There are a few things that you have to take into account if you are going to travel to this country, although the truth is that you should not have any excessive worry about anything. Take note of these tips to travel to Egypt and you will see that you will be able to organize your trip much better:
– If you are going to be in Cairo you should know that traffic is a real chaos, something that happens in all big cities but that here is much more. If you don’t have a car, take a good look before crossing anywhere since you never know where a vehicle might come from.
– If you want to visit several cities in the country, the best option to move around is the train . It is very safe and also very easy to use. You will discover fantastic landscapes during the journey and the main cities of the country are connected by railways.
– Always write down the address of the hotel where you are staying in case you get lost, and try to memorize a few references to be able to orient yourself and return without problems at the end of each day. With this you will save time both when walking back and having to explain to the taxi driver where you want to go.
– If you are a woman, it is recommended that you dress in a similar way to those who live there. Wear loose clothing with long sleeves and if you wear a skirt or pants that covers at least up to the knees. It is not about a security problem, which you could have in certain places, but about respecting local traditions.
– If you like shopping, the best place to get a little of everything at good prices is the Khan-el-Khalili Market in Cairo. On the streets they also offer you a lot of things, although be careful with counterfeits since they always try to "sneak" them as original.