In Switzerland there are a lot of cities and towns that have great beauty and many interesting things to discover. One of these cities is Lucerne , which is also one of the most beautiful in the whole country and is considered the gateway to Central Switzerland.
It is a city where you can see beauties such as Lake Lucerne or the Rigi, Pilatus or Stanserhorn mountains, all of them nearby and that make the whole area a spectacular place. Here are some of the sights of Lucerne:
– In the historic center you can find places such as a beautiful medieval chapel that is the centerpiece of that area or the Museggmauer , which is a wall that has preserved one of its towers intact since the 15th century.
– Among the many churches that there are, the Jesuit Church stands out, which was built in the 17th century and is the first Baroque religious building in the whole country. It has a figure of a dying lion that was carved out of rock in memory of the heroically killed Swiss Guards and which is one of the most famous Swiss monuments.
– The Chapel Bridge is one of the oldest wooden bridges in all of Europe and is a landmark in Lucerne. They restored it some years ago as it was almost completely destroyed in a fire.
– The Swiss Museum of Transport is one of the most varied in Europe in terms of transport and communication and is the Swiss museum that receives the most visits. It has a movie theater and everything.
– Lucerne is also a strategic place to be able to do a lot of excursions to various interesting points in the central part of the country, such as going to the mountains that I mentioned at the beginning or going on a steam cruise on the lake.
– Another very interesting option is to take the Wilhelm Tell Express , a ferry that takes you across Lake Lucerne and then continues along the railroad track. It is a unique experience.